파리 파스퇴르 연구소 Organ-on-chip 센터 담당자 채용 (정직원)
Manager of the Organ-on-Chip Center
Since 2019, Institut Pasteur has established, within the Biomaterials and Microfluidics core facility, the Organ-on-Chip center that provides MicroPhysiological systems for the investigation of host-pathogen interactions. The center is delivering a range of organ-on-chip (Emulate™ technology) services based on the recapitulation of infectious processes (protozoan, fungi, bacterial and viral) across different organ mimics including human lung, gut, blood vessel…
The job description
The position is open for a research engineer specializing in the development and use of MicroPhysiological systems. The selected candidate will oversee the Organ-on-Chip Center that provides Emulate™ technology to the campus. She / He will devise, adapt, and implement different Organ-on-Chip protocols. She / He will liaise with users and propose relevant strategies for advancing host-pathogen interactions projects on-chip. In parallel, the selected candidate will also support and interface with the other activities of the Biomaterials and Microfluidics core facility including 3D cell culture, organoid services, and custom microfluidic devices. Typical activities include:
• Organize and execute the experimental work of the OoC center (cell culture, chip loading, analysis…).
• Train users to become autonomous experimentalists on the Emulate™ technology in BLS2 & 3.
• Interface with multiple users and establish a staggered working program.
• Interface with an industrial partner and reporting.
• Federate the organ on chip users’ community on campus (seminars, call announcements, workshops…).
• Identify and implement the latest technological development in the OoC field.
• Eventually coach a small team of engineers and technicians dedicated to the production of MPS systems.
Skills and expertise
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in advanced human cell culture including epithelial, endothelial, and iPS/ES cells. Robust skills in organoid culture are also required. Bioengineering expertise in the field of OoC would be a strong plus. Advanced imaging skills, immunostaining, and fluorescence-based assays would also be valued. The candidate should be capable of working autonomously and thinking creatively. Good lab management skills and the capacity to interface with the industrial partner are needed. The selected candidate will be tasked with articulating the collaboration between engineers and biologists in both French and English.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in life science or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in the fields of Bioengineering, Organoids, iPS/ES cell culture or 3D cell culture.
Applicants should send their CV, a summary of previous research experience and if possible, the names of two references to Samy Gobaa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Type of contract: permanent (CDI). Further information: email@example.com